Bugs and feature requests for Maps and Semantic Maps should be filed at MediaWiki's bugtracking system, Bugzilla, with as product 'MediaWiki extensions' and as component the extension name. You can also file the bugs in a new section on the discussion page of the relevant extension on MediaWiki.org (not on this wiki!). As usual, all bug reports should answer at least the following questions:
- Can the problem be viewed online in a public wiki? (If yes, provide its URL.)
- Which versions of the relevant extension(s) was/were used?
- Which version of MediaWiki was used?
- Which server setup was used (PHP, MySQL, OS)?
- Can the problem be reproduced on another wiki (like this one)? (If yes, provide its URL.)
Improvements and patches can also be discussed on the mailing list. You can also view the current bug list for Maps and the current bug list for Semantic Maps online. It might contain hotfixes, patches, or workarounds even for unsolved issues.
How to get more information on your problem
Here are some tips to get more information on a problem, which will help us to solve it faster.
- In general, it may also be useful to turn on debugging in MediaWiki (try http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/How_to_debug_MediaWiki). This should provide you with more instructive error messages in your log file.
- If some page will not display correctly or causes critical errors, directly access the page in edit mode. To do that, edit any other page on your wiki and replace the page's name in the URL with the name of the broken page. Then try to remove parts of the page to find out what causes the problem, and include this in your bug report.