From Mapping on MediaWiki
(Redirected from Help:Semantic maps)
The Semantic Maps extension adds semantic capabilities to the features Maps provides through Semantic MediaWiki (SMW). To understand how to use these features, you first need to familiarize yourself with what SMW is for and how you use it.
To display a collection of points on a map using Semantic Maps, there are three steps:
- Semantically annotate coordinates.
- Aggregate coordinates with queries.
- Display aggregated coordinates on maps.
In addition you can:
- Filter queries based on coordinates.
- Using equality or inequality
- Using bigger and smaller then operators
- Using the distance query functionality
The Semantic Maps extension also adds map form inputs, but these are not semantic on their own, and therefore not listed above.