Version 1.0 of Maps is the next major release after version 0.7, and the next release after version 0.7.7.
Upgrading existing installations
|Name||Required||Recommended Version||Supported Versions|
|MediaWiki||Yes||1.18 or above||1.17 or above|
Installations of Maps 0.7.x can be upgraded by just replacing the files. Some features have been deprecated or removed, see below for more details. Do note that as of version 1.0, Maps requires MediaWiki 1.17 or above. If you are stuck with MediaWiki 1.15.x or 1.16.x, stick with Maps 0.7.x until you can upgrade your MediaWiki.
For upgrading older versions, please see the installation instructions.
For a full list of changes, see the Maps changelog.
- Added full Google Maps v3 support and set it as the default mapping service.
- Added new geocoder making use of the new GeoNames API.
- Added support for the auto-documentation features for parser hooks introduced in Validator 0.4.3.
- Added resizeable parameter to all mapping services except OSM.
- Removed compatibility with pre MediaWiki 1.17.
- Removed overlays parameter for Google Maps v2.
- Removed the previously deprecated "display map", "display point" and "display points" parser hooks. Use their underscored equivalents, ie "display_map".
- Usage of the Resource Loader for all scripts and stylesheets.
- Improved KML formatter.
- Use of Google Maps geocoding service v3 instead of v2.
- Completed coordinate and distance parser/formatter unit tests and made them compliant with the MediaWiki unit testing support.
Maps 1.0 closes a number of bugs and minor issues that have been identified in earlier versions.
- Fixed geocoding service overriding based on mapping service (merged in from Maps 0.7.5).
- Fixed fatal error occurring when running maintenance/refreshLinks.php.
- Fixed DMS coordinate parsing issue (bug 29419).
- Fixed coordinate normalization issue (bug 29421).
As usual, translations have been extended thanks to the Translatewiki.net project.