Semantic Maps 1.0
Upgrading existing installations
When upgrading from Semantic Maps 0.7.x or earlier, make sure you have the latest version of Semantic MediaWiki when installing Semantic Maps 1.0 or later. Semantic Maps 1.0 and above require Semantic MediaWiki 1.6 or later. Also make sure you have MediaWiki 1.17 or above. If you are stuck with MediaWiki 1.15.x or 1.16.x, stick with Semantic Maps 0.7.x until you can upgrade your MediaWiki. Note that version 0.7.x of Semantic Maps is not compatible with SMW 1.6 or later, so you'll need to stick with SMW 1.5.x in such a case.
When upgrading from any earlier version of Semantic Maps, you'll need to run the "database installation and upgrade" script in Special:SMWAdmin. Not doing this will result into fatal PHP errors. You will also need to run the "data repair and upgrade" script on the same page, which is required in order to store all coordinates so that Semantic Maps recognizes them. Not doing this will result into queries not returning any coordinates.
For more comprehensive instructions, please see the installation page.
|Name||Required||Recommended Version||Supported Versions|
|MediaWiki||Yes||1.18 or above||1.17 or above|
|Semantic MediaWiki||Yes||1.6 or above||1.6 or above|
|Semantic Forms||No||2.2 or above||1.9 or above, possibly older ones|
For a full list of changes, see the Semantic Maps changelog.
- Added geocoding capability to the OpenLayers form input when having a GeoNames API account.
- Added 'update map' button to all form inputs.
- Improved map query parameter support in the Special:Ask GUI
- Rewrote all the form inputs to jQuery plugins.
- Rewrote the map printers to use the SMQueryHandler class.
- Use of the DataItems introduced in Semantic MediaWiki 1.6.
Semantic Maps 1.0 closes a number of bugs and minor issues that have been identified in earlier versions.
- Fixed PostGres support for distance queries.
- Fixed fatal error occurring when running maintenance/refreshLinks.php.
As usual, translations have been extended thanks to the Translatewiki.net project.